Intex Pool Pumps Community

Dolphin Vs Polaris ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dolphin Vs Polaris Pool Cleaner: What model to choose?

4 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@swimmguru)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a large square pool 16x32 and I want to buy a new pool cleaner for myself because my old one works very poorly.
I'm choosing between the Polaris 9550 and the Dolphin CC.
Can you write the pros and cons of each model? Which model would you recommend for me to take?

This topic was modified 2 months ago by SwimmGuru
This topic was modified 2 months ago by Marcus Robertson

(@boomer)
Eminent Member

Why just polaris and dolphin?  I used a few years Tigershark... as for me good variant... 🍺 

ReplyQuote
(@markus)
Illustrious Member Expert

Polaris 9550:

Pros:

• Excellent cleaning performance, particularly for larger pools like yours.
  • Advanced navigation technology ensures thorough coverage and efficient cleaning.
  • Equipped with a powerful vacuum and scrubbing brushes for comprehensive cleaning.
  • User-friendly control panel with programmable cleaning cycles.
  • Large filter can hold a significant amount of debris.

Cons:

• Higher initial cost compared to some other pool cleaners.
  • Requires occasional maintenance, such as cleaning or replacing filters.

Dolphin CC:

Pros:

• Energy-efficient design, potentially resulting in lower operating costs over time.
  • Intelligent navigation system ensures systematic coverage of the pool surface.
  • Effective cleaning performance on various pool surfaces, including tile, vinyl, and fiberglass.
  • Easy-to-clean filter system with simple access and maintenance.
  • Quiet operation suitable for use during any time of day without causing disturbance.

Cons:

• May struggle with larger debris compared to some other models.
  • Some users report occasional durability issues over long-term use.

Considering the size of your pool (16x32), for effective cleaning, I would recommend the Polaris 9550 model; it will handle the task excellently. Additionally, you can consider the Polaris 9450 model; it will also be suitable for your pool. The only difference is that it lacks a remote control, but in terms of functionality, it is almost equivalent to the Polaris 9550 model.

Also you can check our comparison table here - https://intexpoolpumps.org/polaris-9350-vs-9450-vs-9550-vs-9650iq/#face-to-face-comparison-table

This post was modified 2 months ago by Marcus Robertson

ReplyQuote
(@lauren)
Eminent Member

As for me Dolphin CC much better!!! My neighbour bought this model and happy 2 years))

ReplyQuote
Share:
Intex Pool Pumps
Logo