In the era of technologies in each part of human life, there are a lot of convenient devices that replace man force and provide the owner the opportunity to have a better quality of life. A robotic pool cleaner is the perfect example of such a device that entirely replaces manual scrubbing of the pool’s floor and walls and performs the work even better than you may do by yourself. Moreover, the owner does not even need to supervise the cleaner.
A robotic cleaner is an electronic device that works only from electricity without accessing the pool’s systems. Different models can clean not only the floor but also walls, waterline, and stairs.
You can find the model for any type, material, size, and shape of the pool. Robotic cleaners such as Dolphin e10 vs e20 are the most efficient for all parameters among all other pool cleaners – manual, pressure, and side automatic cleaners.
Dolphin E10 vs. E20 – Comparison table
Last update on 2022-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIback to menu ↑
Main Difference Between the Models
Even though these two cleaners look very similar and have the exact dimensions, they are designed for different pools and correspondingly have a lot of different parameters. The main differences are listed below:
- The E10 is for aboveground pools; it cleans only the floor. The E20 is for inground pools and can clean walls and a floor. Waterline scrubbing is not available for both models. Some owners nevertheless use E10 for inground pools, but it cannot climb vertical walls, only walls up to 50 degrees. The owners can scrub the walls and waterline with a simple brush; all dirt and algae will sink to the bottom, where afterward will be collected by a pool cleaner.
- E10 is also designed for small swimming pools up to 30 ft only, while E20 is for 33 ft. The cable length determines the usage of the cleaner; it should be at least 10 ft longer than the swimming pool length to ensure access to all corners. Otherwise, it would be best to put the cleaner in different pool spots to cover the whole cleaning surface. With enough cable length, it is enough to place it in the middle of the most extended length of the pool.
- Considering that E10 cannot climb all walls, the cleaning cycle is shorter than E20 – 1.5 hours vs. 2 hours.
- The last but not slightest difference is color.
Additionally, the Dolphin E10 can be bought in three options on Amazon: only a cleaner, a cleaner plus a caddy, and a cleaner with a caddy and a cover. Dolphin E20 is available only with a standard package.
Nonetheless, both models, Dolphin E20 vs. E10, have the same filter – the standard filter basket is suitable for large and middle-size debris collection; if you have a lot of sand and fine particles, you can buy an additional cartridge filter.
Dolphin E10 is a top cleaner for the effortless cleaning of aboveground pools. It has an ergonomic design with a plastic handle and is lightweight at 14.6 lbs, allowing easy moving and lifting. It perfectly works for all types of aboveground pools with sizes up to 30 ft.
The E10 model has one PVC brush located in the front that actively scrubs the floor from dirt, algae, and bacteria. Through the door on the bottom, it sucks fine and rough debris collected in the net filter basket. There is a small plastic brush around the door to navigate all debris inside. The rubber wheels can move backward to prevent getting stuck in any place in the swimming pool.
The operation is the simplest than ever. Like all Maytronics pool cleaners, there is a special control panel with only one button that you need to press to start the robot.
At the end of the cleaning cycle, you need to take the cleaner out of the pool; the water will be automatically fast released. Then, you need to clean the filter from the garden hose. It has access from the top with one move; the bottom part of the large basket can be opened to throw away all collected garbage. The filter is a single-click basket.
The Dolphin E10 in the standard minimum package has a manual, a blue cable, a black cable, a control panel, and a robot. No additional hoses or pumps are required for its installation and work. Put the control panel 10 ft far from the pool in the shade and a roof; just plug in the black cable from the panel to the socket equipped with a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) device and a blue cable from the cleaner to the panel to the other side of the panel. The cleaner should sink in the water, and then you can press the button—no installation activities for long hours.
- 90% more energy-efficient than old suction and pressure side automatic cleaners
- Cleaning cycle for 1.5 hours without the possibility of automatic prolongation
- Possibility to buy and install cartridge basket filter
- Only one button for control
- Large filter basket
- No weekly timer
- No delay feature
- No anti-tangling swivel cable
- No remote control
- Cannot clean walls, stairs, and waterline
Dolphin E20 performs superior cleaning of the inground pool up to 33 ft. in length within two hours in fully automatic mode. In addition, the plastic handle on the top of the cleaner allows effortlessly to bring into the pool this light model.
As this model has more automatic features than E10, its control is executed through the separate Control Panel with more buttons. On it, you can set the weekly timer with three options of cleaning days: every day, every second, or the third day. If you set the timer for the week ahead, you need to keep the cleaner inside the pool, as it cannot move on the ground. But the filter should be cleaner after each cleaning cycle. The control panel should be stored in the shade without water access, as it is not waterproof, only splashproof.
As in the E10 model, the E20 model has the same suction door for fine and rough debris at the bottom. The filter has the same access from the top and has the same construction as the E10 filter. The filter is sufficient for most types of garbage through all seasons.
Improved scanning technology allows this cleaner not to stop on drains and clean them as well as walls. It ensures the full coverage of the floor and walls without missing a spot.
The standard package of E20 includes the same parts as for E10 (blue and black cables, a cleaner, a manual, and a control panel of different types), and a start-up process has the same steps. First, the output from the one end of the black cable should be put in the electric socket; secondly, the free output of the blue cable should be put into the control panel. Then put a robot in the water and press a button on the panel.
It is recommended to clean not only the basket from the garbage but also the body itself from the pool’s chemicals and an impeller.
- Average energy consumption is only 5 cents per kWh for operation
- No pumps or hoses are required for the work
- Possibility to buy a cartridge basket filter for small debris
- Three programs for a weekly scheduler
- Large filter basket
- Can clean floor and walls
- No delay feature
- The cable does not have an anti tangle swivel
- Cannot clean the stairs and waterline
- No indicator for the full filter
Maytronics, the E10 and E20 models manufacturer, has successfully produced pool cleaners for more than 35 years. E10 and E20 are one of the best values among their robotic cleaners. But there are also available other robots for any budget, smaller and bigger pools. The success of robotic pool cleaners is determined by a lot of advantages that these types of cleaners can propose – for sure, the most important one is they save a lot of time:
- The price of a cleaner and its changeable details are higher than for automatic and manual cleaner devices
- Not all cleaners can be controlled remotely; no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is available
- Additional filters, caddies, covers for most of the cleaners are not included in the standard packages
- The cable length determines the possible size of the pool that can be cleaned in one automatic cycle.
- Not all cables are equipped with anti-tangling navigation or the swiveling cable
As you can see from the detailed description and comparison table, these two pool cleaners are different. It is impossible to use one of the cleaners instead of the other. Dolphin E10 vs. Dolphin E20 have:
Design and Dimensions
- Size: 22.2 x 17.6 x 12.8 inches
- Weight: 14.6 pounds
- Color: White, black, and light grey
Even though both models have the same dimensions and weight, they have different colors, which is vital for owners choosing the cleaner matching the pool color.
Type and size of the pool
- Pool Type: In ground
- Vertical surface cleaning: Yes
- Drains cleaning: Yes
- Pool Sizes: Up to 33 ft.
- Cable: 50 ft
Two cleaners are designed for different pool types of different sizes. This should be considered during a search for a perfect pool cleaner. If you need a cleaner for the inground pool, you should look closely at Dolphin E20. If you need a cleaner for the aboveground pool, then E10 is a better choice.
Cleaning cycle and modes
- Standard Cleaning Cycle: 2 hours
- Weekly timer: Yes
- Automation mode: Yes
- Programs: Three
It is evident that Dolphin E20 has more control modes that can be set for a week ahead for a fully automatic mode. The longer cleaning cycle for this model only shows more surfaces that it can clean – not only the floor but also the walls.
Other significant cleaner parameters are the same for both models, such as:
- Number of active PVC brushes in the front – only one.
- The same filtration extra-large basket for one level of filtration.
- The rubber truck tires for robot driving on all pool surfaces.
- The level of energy efficiency (90% more efficient than other types of old cleaners).
- The same cable (but different length) without an anti-tangling swivel.
- The exact parameters for usage in the pool – temperature range 43F – 95F, pH range 7.0-7.8.
How to choose the Best Pool Robotic Cleaner?
The importance of the right choice of such expensive robot pool cleaners is obvious. Before buying the one, it is essential to check the following parameters of your pool and desired effect from cleaning:
So, the list is not so long, and some features such as suction power or cleaner’s color can be added here, but they are not so vital.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can people swim during the work of a pool cleaner?
How to take the cleaner out of the pool?
How long can a Dolphin E10 work?
Can I keep a Dolphin E20 constantly in the pool?
Many happy pool owners have proved that a robot pool cleaner is a must-have if you prefer having a rest to scrubbing the pool. Dolphin E10 and E20 are an excellent choice for any owner; one is for an aboveground pool, and another is for an inground pool. With powerful suction in 4000 GPH, your pool will be sparkling after not more than two hours of noiseless work of this tiny robot. They both require only a power source from the socket, no hoses or additional power. Just clean the filter and body after each usage to prolong service life for many years. So, a robot pool cleaner is a perfect investment in your leisure time.