Clear all

Help me pick out a pool for this summer

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@alanc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all! I am Alan - a new comer in the pool business. I want to purchase my first swimming pool for my backyard. I live in a small town near Atlanta.

(@fredok)
Trusted Member

Hi Alan! As I understand, you need a temporary pool that you can disassemble at the end of the swimming season. I bought an orange Intex pool 57181EP for my kids. It goes with a pump and is quickly assembled. My kids 4 and 5 years love it!

ReplyQuote
(@lauren)
Eminent Member

What pool do you want? Big ? Small? For how many people? Framed or inflatable? Need more info, dude. Also, the price is important. I have an inground concrete pool and definitely can recommend it. But it is pricy in construction and maintenance. It took me a couple of months to find a good team to build it properly.

ReplyQuote
Markus89
(@markus89)
Estimable Member

I plus for the inground pool! I have had one with a jacuzzi for five years!

ReplyQuote
(@andry)
Eminent Member

I want to share my experience with the Bestway framed pool (Steel Pro Max 14’ x 33”). I bought it in 2021. It is quite affordable and is comfortable for 2 adults with kids. What I do like about it is that the manual is easy, and I managed to assemble it for the first time within 2 hours. You can quickly disassemble it for the winter. What I wouldn't say is that I like is that its linen is not so firm; I have already repaired it in a few places. I do not think it lasts long. But you can buy only the linen and save on the frame, pump, and other accessories. It is worth the money!

ReplyQuote
(@markus)
Estimable Member Expert

Dear Alan, I want to guide you in your research for the best swimming pool. You need first to determine what you need – an inground or above-ground stationary pool or a quickly assembled above-ground inflatable or framed pool. The price of inflatables starts from $40, meanwhile stationary pools are much more expensive (the cheapest one will cost about $20.000). A stationary pool requires a whole year of maintenance, and it does make sense to purchase them when you are swimming the whole year. The climate in Atlanta does not promise a warm season for the whole year. If you want to have a temporary solution for a couple of weeks, then an inflatable is better; for three months or more, the framed pool is better and will last longer. The number of your family members determines the price for the pool model. Please provide more details.

ReplyQuote
(@alanc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for all the recommendations from everyone. I am going to buy Bestway Steel Pro 15’ x 42”. Do you know if the pump and filter that goes in the package are enough for pool maintenance? Or should I buy something in addition?

ReplyQuote
Share:
Intex Pool Pumps
Logo