Water entertainments are always attractive.
Inflatable hot tubs represent an affordable solution for indoors and outdoors, for families and company gatherings.
Moreover, they are portable and easy to install and maintain. All these reasons make hot tube best-sellers.
That is why we propose to compare Intex 28409e vs. 28431e as the most promising basic spa on the market.
Intex 28409e vs. 28431e – Comparison table
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Differences between Intex 28409e and 28431e
The comparison table shows that you need help finding differences comparing Intex 28409e vs. 28431e. The 28431e is a modern version of 2022, and the 28409e was popular in season 2017.
The only differences between them are:
- Intex 28409E includes in the package two cup holders with trays.
- The control panel of Intex 28409E is installed on a plastic beam lifted from the control base, while the control panel of 28431e is integrated into the control base.
- The walls of Intex 28409e and 28431e are colored slightly differently in navy blue and white.
Further, a detailed comparison of the two models with differences and similarities is presented.
Intex 28409e vs. 28431e – Product overview
Intex Recreation Corporation is a company from the USA that has been producing and distributing inflatable furniture, leisure goods, boats, and accessories for over 50 years. They are famous for excellent value and quality, good choices, and many accessories per preference. If you are searching for extra comfort in the best inflatable hot tubs, Intex Spa models 28409E and 28431E are equally great choices. Please see below the reasons.
Intex PureSpa Bubble Massage Spa models 28409E and 28431E are modifications of one model with slight differences. So, all characteristics will be reflected in one description with the highlight of the differences.
These spas are designed to relax six people with the touch of one button. One control panel adjusts the temperature in the range of 68-104 F, turns on 170 bubble jets, and starts water circulation. With a water circulation system, the built-in hard water treatment system starts to work, making water gentler for the skin. You can lay down in the spa, put your head on the headrest cushion and get an enjoyable refreshing massage from 170 bubble jets; to make the experience more memorable, you can turn on LED lights.
Also, the system allows you to adjust the temperature based on your personal preference. If you want only to dip your feet, the patented Fiber-tech construction system of the walls is strong enough to sit on the walls.
Before using the spa, please check all warnings indicated in the manual. The spas can’t be used at a temperature less than 40 F as water can freeze inside the circulation system. You need to partly inflate/deflate the spa tub walls during cold or hot temperatures as air expands during the midday heat, and the spa is less inflated at colder temperatures.
A detailed manual makes installation, maintenance, and usage processes easy. The spas are designed for a durable flawless relaxing experience. Inside the package, the carry bag is included for transportation and storage while the spa is deflated. The transportation of a full spa with water is not recommended.
- 170 powerful bubble jets around the whole spa
- Quick installation within 20 minutes
- Easy temperature adjustment
- Multi-colored LED light
- Multi-functional control base
- Fits six people
- Carry bag included for easy transportation
- Soft bottom for comfortable seating
- Cover with locks
- Two inflatable headrests
- Two easy changeable filter cartridges
- Detailed manual
- The spa can’t be used with outside temperatures less than 40 F
- Can’t stay for an extended time in the direct sun
- Can’t move full of water
- No timers
- A repair set is not included
Intex 28409e vs. 28431e– Face-to-Face Comparison
Intex 28409e and 28431e are simple in operation hot tubs with easy maintenance; with one push of a button, you can tilt your head back and enjoy the inflated headrests. Please see their face-to-face comparison below to check which models are more enjoyable.
The PureSpa models are made from puncture-resistant 3-ply laminated material and strengthened by Fiber-Tech construction of 54 beams. The construction is strong enough to sit on the side, dipping your feet in hot water. In addition, the material is durable and easy to maintain. You can purchase a separate Hot Tub Maintenance Kit with a curved brush and mesh skimmer net to collect all debris and scrub the interior wall surface from dirt and grime. In case of rupture, repair patches and swatches are available on the market.
The material of Intex PureSpa 28409E and 28431E is the same. So, there is no winner.
Filtration system and maintenance
The spa owner of 28409E and 28431E should regularly check the quality of the water. Regularly adding sanitizer or other chemicals to control bacteria and viruses in the water is recommended. Safe, clean water ensures long spa life. All chemicals (including the chlorine dispenser from the package) should be added when the spa is not occupied. The floating chlorine dispenser should be used for one chlorine tablet administration in the spa water.
Most inflatable Intex spa models have a filtration system consisting of two easily replicable filter cartridges (type S1) for cleaning spa water. Filters should be inspected and cleaned once a week and changed once a month. The spa water should be changed every 2-3 months when it becomes cloudy and does not clean anymore by chemicals.
Water is considered safe with the following characteristics:
- pH – 7.2-7.8
- Total Alkalinity – 80-120 ppm
- Free chlorine – 2-4 ppm
- Calcium hardness – 100-350 pp
- Water temperature 68-104 F
If the heating system is activated, the filtration system automatically starts. The particular water filter button is provided on the control panel to start it manually.
The electronic hard water treatment to reduce calcium creation and increase the efficiency of the spa works in conjunction with the filtration system. On the LED screen the water filter icon shows then the system is activated.
As both models have absolutely the same filtration system and maintenance requirements, there could be no winner in this part of comparison.
The control panel on 28409e is lifted for better accessibility to the level of the human eyes while sitting in the tub. On 28431e, the control panel is integrated into the control base. Both control panels are protected with a plastic lid.
The number of buttons on both panels is the same: temperature regulations (up and down), power button, temperature switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit, and separate control buttons for heating, water circulation, and bubbling. You can see the current temperature and working mode on the LED display.
The control panel’s location influences only the spa’s usability. In this comparison, the solution in the 28409e model looks more preferable, so it is the winner.
On the interior wall of 28409E and 28431E models near the bottom, 170 little holes are located. Through these holes, powerful bubble jets are created. You can turn on and off the bubbles from the control panel using only one button for all. Also, when you make chemical treatment of the spa, it is recommended to turn on the bubble mode (automatically turns off after 30 minutes) for the quicker dissolution of chemicals. A bubbling system should be used while the spa is covered, as air can accumulate inside the spa and damage it.
The bubbles for both models are produced with the same powerful bubble air blower in the control unit. The number of jets is the same so this section could be no winner.
There is no difference in the draining system of Intex 28409e vs. 28431e either. The drain valve cap is on the bottom of the spa near the inlets for the control base. You should attach the garden hose and point the other end to a suitable draining area. Another drain valve cap should be opened inside the spa tub after setting the hose to start water flowing out. The bubble button should be pressed while the control unit is disconnected from drying out the piping system. Before storing the spa, all accessories and the piping system should be drained.
As there is no difference in the draining system, there is no winner.
There is no procedure or time difference in assembling Intex 28409e vs. 28431e. For spa installation, only one person is required for 20 minutes.
The setup process has several stages:
- Open the carton boxes and take out all details.
- Move the spa tub to the desired installation place. Set there the control unit and the tub on the insulated cloth.
- Connect the control unit to the electricity. Inflate the spa tub walls and spa cover air bladder using an inflation hose.
- Connect the spa unit to the spa tub. Attach two filter assemblies—close bottom drain valve cups.
- Fill the spa with water. You may use a garden hose.
- Press the button to heat the water. After the water achieves a comfortable temperature, you may enjoy the spa.
Some requirements for spa installation (check them before purchase):
- Both tubs should be set up on a leveled, flat surface capable of handling the spa’s weight with water and six adults (around 6000 lbs or 2700 kg).
- The floor should be water-resistant and non-slippery.
- The spa could be installed indoors or outdoors with enough space around to execute proper maintenance. If you install the spa indoors, the room should be adequately ventilated to prevent excess humidity. If you install the spa outdoors, the spa should not be placed under direct sun for an extended time.
- There should be no sharp objects under and around the spa.
- All electrical devices and metal surfaces should be at least 5 feet away to prevent electric shock.
- The power cord should be plugged without extensions into a grounded electrical socket.
- The spa should be installed on an insulated ground cloth to prevent heat loss.
The installation process of Intex 28409e and. 28431e is super easy and consists of the same steps. There is no winner.
In the package of both models, Intex 28409e vs. 28431e, 1 multi-colored LED light (4 colors) is included creating a unique ambiance. The lights work from 3 AAA batteries that should be purchased separately. Two buttons control it on the light itself.
Intex 28409e also comes with two attachable cup holders and refreshment trays. However, for 28431e, you need to purchase them separately.
Also, you can purchase for both models slip-resistant spa seats that can raise a person’s height for 3 or 5 7/8 inches to sit more comfortably.
Intex 28409e is the winner in this comparison, as two cup holders are included in the package.
Buyer’s Guide – How to choose the best inflatable spa
Before investing money in the inflatable spa, even though the description of Intex 28409e and 28431e must be inviting, you need to check if all requirements for inflatable spa installation will be fulfilled as well as your personal needs. So here we present a short list of questions about choosing your best inflatable spa.
- Where will the hot tub be installed? The spa can be installed indoors or outdoors with enough space for maintenance, a water-resistant surface, and electricity without extension cords.
- How many people should fit the spa? The small spa can fit almost everywhere, while the large one is more expensive and requires considerably more space.
- Do you want to buy a long-term product? The material and construction are essential to buy a durable spa. PVC and layered vinyl reinforced beams are one of the best constructions.
- What additional features and accessories are required? LED lights, number of bubble jets, headrests, trays and cup holders, sits, etc. Models are different by accompanying possible accessories and features providing additional comfort.
- Is it complicated to install, maintain and clean the hot tub? Easy maintenance, cleaning, and installation procedures are always preferable.
- What should health regulations be considered? Please get in touch with your family doctor to be on the safe side
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I turn off the Hard Water Treatment System?
How to reduce costs of running the inflatable Intex spa?
- Place the spa in a protected area near walls without strong wind access to reduce heat loss.
- Use the insulation cover and ground insulation cloth to keep the water warm as much as possible.
- Buy a small spa. Less water to heat, fewer costs.
- Use the spa outdoors in summer and indoors in winter. It is much more expensive to maintain a constant warm temperature in winter.
- Clean the hot tub regularly. A hard water treatment system and filtration system prevent the creation of calcium on the walls that significantly prolong the spa’s life.
How long do Intex 28409e and 28431e last?
Where can I find information about error codes on the display of Intex 28431e?
The professionals can hardly name differences between Intex 28409e and 28431e. These hot tubs represent the excellent quality Intex spa systems for relaxing in the company of 6 people. With each model’s reliable and durable construction, you will get 170 bubble jets for powerful massage. Several buttons ensure accessible control functions on one control panel, but the position of this panel for both models is different.
Both models will receive an additional insulation cover, a carry bag, ground cloth, and two headrests. In the 28409e package, two cup holders are also included. Considering these differences as the only important ones, we strongly recommend you buy any of these models. Depending on the necessity of a cup holder, you may choose the best one; the rest characteristics are the same.
Professional engineer with 7 years of experience in trading and service of swimming pools covers all tricky cases and the most detailed reviews of pool equipment. Helps in challenging cases with a cup of coffee!